Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015: More biking, less beer

Good riddance 2014. Stuff can only get better, right? Well, no, but you just hope for the best.

One of this year's resolutions is to drink less beer and do more bike riding. So while I'm working my way through a 500ml bottle of Tuatara APA (yum! - it's been a long hot day) I thought I'd post some pictures from today's ride. First up: my bike with Cate Blanchett. It's a copy of this photo. This is post-modern bus-stop advertising - Cate can be anything you want her to be. For the sharp-eyed among you: yes, those are downtube shifters. Cool, eh? Also, why anyone thinks it's a good idea to use a blonde to sell designer perfume in Otahuhu is beyond me.
















And here's another load of containers leaving the Southdown rail yard for destinations further south. Bye for now.